Thursday, January 4, 2007

Thing #1: Set up a blog on blogger


We're going to use blogs instead of Blackboard - this means that you will be submitting almost all of your work through your personal blog and, as previously mentioned, I will be posting assignments using the class blog.

Blog is an abbreviation of the term "weblog" - and it is a bit like an online journal. If you have a myspace page, you know what I am talking about. Why are we using blogs? They organize information in an easy-to-read and navigate format and I'll be able to subscribe to your blog's RSS feed to get regular updates. Also, there is the convenient time/date stamp for all blog entries. Questions? Get in touch with me.

Set up your blog and add your first post.
1. Go to http://www.blogger.com and set up and create a blog.

2. The default set-up for a blog is public. If you would rather make the blog private (so that only you and I can read it), go to Settings > Permissions > Blog Readers.

3. Add your first post - a short introduction. Write a little bit about yourself and your interests. Also, please tell me what you hope to learn from the class and how I can best help you accomplish your goals.

4. Email me the URL (address) for your blog so I can check it out. My email address is korey.brunetti@csueastbay.edu

Resources:

Introduction to Blogs and Blogging: http://www.techlearning.com/shared/printableArticle.jhtml?articleID=18400984
Introduction to Weblogs
http://careo.elearning.ubc.ca/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?LibraryBlogs/IntroductionToWeblogs

No comments: